Date:Saturday May 10 2014
* What happens to the B team if the first team is relegated from the Premier League? Surely it no longer qualifies for League 3 membership? So could we have the champions of League 3 no longer being able to play in the structure?
* What happens if a team is promoted to the Premier League and wants to enter a team in the B competition (i.e. League 3)? Does another non-league team get relegated to make way for them?
* Think ahead a few years: What happens if a club suffers successive relegations from first tier to third tier (such as Norwich, Sunderland and a few others have done), only to find its B team already playing at that level? Is the B team relegated regardless of its own league position? This is potentially chaotic, and more than a bit ridiculous.
* The Conference is a very tough league physically; many U21 players would be crippled very easily playing at our level every week.
* The Conference is not famous for attractive passing football; attempting to play that way against a team that wants to stop it does not work.
* What makes them think that their B teams would be better than Lincoln, or Grimsby, or Kidderminster? There is a definite possibility that the Conference sides would make mincemeat of them. Wouldn't it be amusing to see the 10 B teams occupy the bottom 10 positions at the end of the first season!
Forest Green 10 Stoke City B 0. Grimsby Town 9 Sunderland B 1. How embarrassing for Mr Dyke & Co...
* Every other team would raise its game, leading to unrealistic results.
* Greg Dyke happily informs us that 5 Premier League clubs have offered their support for the idea; only 5? And one of those is Stoke City - how exciting!
* OK Mr Dyke, how about this: Glasgow Rangers and Glasgow Celtic want to join the Premier League; are you happy to relegate Manchester United and Chelsea to make way for them? That is exactly what you are proposing for 14 very good Conference teams.
* If only 5 Premier League clubs have offered support, and they didn't consult with the Premier League, or the Football League, or the Conference, then who the hell did they consult with? There are some astounding fundamental errors in the way this bunch of clowns has gone about this.
* I believe the majority of football fans in England would put their club first ahead of the national team; a thread on here just a couple of months ago was very conclusive. We are a nation of club supporters but Mr Dyke and his cronies seem not to have identified that fact. I want to see England do well, but I can't say I really care.
* Mr Dyke and his mates appear to have ignored the fact that a great many people earn a living from football at our level, from the players to the ground staff to the tea ladies to the coaches. Not a great living, not as great as St Rooney's £300,000 per week, but these people depend on football for their daily bread. That living will be endangered simply to attain an extremely marginal improvement in the performance of our national football team once every 4 years.
* Every member of that Commission should resign from every post they hold with immediate effect. They have lost their mandate to direct the future of our game.
You can discuss this on the forum RIGHT HERE.
Date:Saturday May 10 2014
Imps Through To Senior Cup Final (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Imps V Scunthorpe: Tonight's Teams + Updates Here! (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Fans Forum with Gary Simpson (Wednesday July 23 2014)
Working Party Invitation - Update (Wednesday July 23 2014)
VL Members MOTM V Chesterfield FC (Tuesday July 22 2014)
Lincoln City V Arsenal: LIVE Updates Right Here! (Tuesday July 22 2014)
All In Or Nothing (Monday July 21 2014)
September & October - Live BT Sport Matches (Monday July 21 2014)
Report: Lincoln City 2-1 Chesterfield FC (Monday July 21 2014)
The Imps V Chesterfield: LIVE Updates Right Here! (Saturday July 19 2014)
|County 2 Academica FC 0 (U19 game)
» Stockport : 24/07/2014 12:02:00
|Imps Through To Senior Cup Final
» Lincoln : 23/07/2014 21:36:00
|Rovers Close In On Turley
» Bristol Rovers : 23/07/2014 20:18:00
|Imps V Scunthorpe: Updates Here!
» Lincoln : 23/07/2014 18:14:00
|Good Draw For Hargreaves
» Torquay : 23/07/2014 15:43:00