Lincoln City Forum - Poachers Q & A
Vital Football

Latest Lincoln City News

Lincoln City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: What's the difference between snot and beetroot. Kids will eat snot.
- (Added by: lindumimp)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Will we win, lose or draw against Crewe Alexandra?
Suggested By: Vital Lincoln City
Win79%
Lose16%
Draw5%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Stevie_imp618
2.Jules586
3.Davidimp330
4.Barney Imp277
5.Scotimp269
6.NottyImp240
7.Impalex239
8.devonexlondonimp211
9.Croozey174
10.Redimps1156
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Frozen
Pages (2): 1
Poachers Q & A
[Locked]

01 July 2009 17:26 Post ID: #142864 - in reply to #142863
Do you find that the pole-dancing helps to keep you fit?

I find watching it on tele keeps me alert for five minutes or so.

I assume you are referring to the whole ‘corner flag’ dance I occasionally do? I don’t do it for fitness, I just interact with anything I can. I assume you are not referring to my own privately practised hobby of pole dancing in my own home behind closed doors?
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
01 July 2009 17:27 Post ID: #142865 - in reply to #142864
Do other Clubs give the option for LCFC to take Poacher to away games?

Some do and some don’t. Here at Lincoln we allow all travelling mascots, they can get in for nothing and usually bring a helper to. However not all clubs are like that. Bradford are excellent with travelling away and I’ve had invites from Morecombe and Chesterfield to. However some won’t let you in at all, Forest in the FA Cup for example. Similarly I recall Rushden and Diamonds sending me a ticket application form should I wish to attend the game, wanting £17 a go for the seated area. I politely wrote back informing them that was not how it’s done in League football, and that their mascot wouldn’t be welcome at Lincoln. I also asked Lenny of Bradford not to let their other mascot ‘Billy Bantam’ come last season because after we’d been to their place he thought it was acceptable to just add my missus as a friend on facebook, then start chatting to her and not making an effort to chat to me. Mind you there have been a couple of others connected with the club who think that’s acceptable so I’ll probably leave it there
Like post
Like this post
01 July 2009 17:27 Post ID: #142866 - in reply to #142865
Will Poacher be making an appearance at Grimsby this season?

I’d like to say yes but the derby atmosphere is one I like to take in as a fan. The Mariner comes to us because on the whole Lincoln is a decent place, friendly staff and by and large friendly fans. However at Grimsby it’s a different matter, the place is very hostile with lots of idiots looking to hurt a mascot – they forget why we do the job. I’d like to do Grimsby, just once but you’d be surprised how much abuse I get sometimes just carrying the bag to and from the ground.
Like post
Like this post
01 July 2009 17:28 Post ID: #142867 - in reply to #142866
How old is Poacher, and what is the history behind him becoming club mascot?

Poacher is now 11 years old as of July 27th, it was July 27th 1998 I put in my first appearance, and I’ve done it for the full 11 years. The story behind Poacher is actually rooted in the John Beck era. Put aside the long ball philosophy and sheer brutality of his team, he also initiated the popular but often forgotten ‘Team Lincoln’, taking the players out to hospitals and schools and trying to bring the community and the club together. Part of this he felt included having a mascot and the idea of Poacher was born. He left before the suit was delivered, but it still came and was left with then Commercial Director Jerry Lonsdale to deal with. Jerry advertised on the back of the Echo for a mascot and that’s where I came in.

I actually decided to do it to annoy a girl I was seeing at the time! She made me miss the 1998 promotion parade through the City centre and at the time I let her, but as revenge I decided to apply for the job as mascot. I was interviewed by Jerry and Alan Long, initially believing that I’d get paid for it. Obviously that wasn’t the case, but as a fan of the club I couldn’t turn it down when they offered me it, and it was the best decision I ever made. They’ll have to carry me out of Sincil Bank in a 6ft wooden box before I give the job up.

The name Poacher comes from the song The Lincolnshire Poacher, ironically a song first written down in York in the late 1700’s, and the Imp comes from the carving in the cathedral. The one in the angels choir is the famous one but in actual fact there are three Imps to be spotted around the cathedral in various places.
Like post
Like this post
01 July 2009 17:29 Post ID: #142868 - in reply to #142867
Is your least favourite part of your lap around the pitch before the game the chavs in the bottom corner in the COOP?

Haha that’s a great question to finish on. If you mean the lads in the corner near the away fans then no, not at all. I have a bit of banter with them. We usually have a quick chat about the odds for the game as I like to have a flutter or two. It’s a great experience getting round the different people, kids and parents in the family stand, the quieter crowd in the St Andrews, nice mix in the Co-op and then to my own spiritual home of the Railway End, Clanford End, Stacey West whatever you want to call it. My least favourite part of the ground (and I don’t want this to get back to the person involved) is the Stacey West / Co-op corner because of that steward ‘the witch’….. she always wants a hug from Poacher but before she knew who I was she’d always give me a load of hassle. I swear shes eats kids and lives in a house made of sweets and biscuits, although I wouldn’t mind wagering a bet that she’s eaten the conservatory!
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum:
Lincoln City Fixtures  >>