Lincoln City Forum - Treatment of our Supporters
Vital Football

Latest Lincoln City News

Lincoln City Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: I was watching Germany and got up to make a cup of tea. I bumped into the telly and Klinsmann fell over. FRANK SKINNER 1994
- (Added by: lindumimp)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Will we will, lose or draw against Notts County?
Suggested By: Vital Lincoln City
Win36%
Lose33%
Draw31%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Jules561
2.Stevie_imp500
3.Impalex257
4.Rasenimp203
5.Davidimp198
6.Luke Imp174
7.Scotimp163
8.Croozey144
9.Barney Imp125
10.SalfordImp107
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (4): 1
3 4
Treatment of our Supporters
13 September 2017 10:19 Post ID: #736695 - in reply to #736691
72 Jamie McCombe
NewburyImp - 13/9/2017 10:05

Not normally one to complain but last night was a joke!! Letter sent!

enquiries@efl.com;
Cc:
reception@forestgreenroversfc.com;
info@lincolncityfc.co.uk;
Dear EFL, copied to Forest Green Rovers (FAO Helen Taylor), copied to Lincoln City FC (FAO Liam Scully)

Followimg the FGR vs Lincoln City Match last night I would like to raise the followig concerns.

We knew some days in advance that the weather forecast for last nights match was likely to be horrendous. We weren't let down! I attended the match (Lincoln Fan) with my 7 year old son. We arrived at the ground about 90 minutes prior to the start of the match. We had hoped to grab a hot drink/food and some shelter in the bar area under the main stand. Unfortunately this has now been allocated to home fans only. We were diverted to a cold leaky tent in a muddy field behind one of the stands. Not a great customer experience but the only shelter from the weather. Very limited food and drink options.

My main reason for my letter of complaint is the lack of flexibility by Forest Green Rovers given the atrocious conditions. I contacted FGR on several occasions prior to the game to ask if there were any alternatives to an open terrace for the away fans given the forecast, no help or alternatives were offered. The fact that there are currently no options for away fans to either sit or stand with some cover (regardless of the weather) is poor. There will be many fans who will have been put off by this alone. I know many lincoln fans attended in the home ends last night (surely a security concern?) if I hadnt ordered my tickets well in advance I would have probably done the same.

Given FGR's recent attendances and given last nights weather conditions it was clear last nights attendance was likely to be around the 2000 mark. It was actually approx 1800 with 320 away fans. This is well under half of the grounds capacity. There were 100's of spare seats in the main stand and I counted approx 60 home fans in the covered terrace behind the goal where the away fans were last season. Would it have been unreasonable for one game to have allowed the away fans to have used this stand? I don't think so (there would be no argument from if the match attendance had been much bigger). I know at Lincoln the away fans are located in the most appropriate place given the predicted attendance. These were the worst conditions I have ever watched a football match in. I saw many fans leave well before the end of the game because they were frozen and soaked to the skin. The terrace was slippy with puddles of water everywhere. The stewards fielded a lot of complaints from the fans during the game. At half time I approached one of the stewards and asked if it would be possible for me and my 7 year old to be moved to an area of cover as he was soaked to the bone and wanted to go home. I was greeted with a "what the F*ck did you bring him here for, it's your own f*cking fault" in full view of my son. Is this an exemple of growing the game and trying to encourage children to come to games?

On a separate note there was a lot of cafuffle between players and management at the end of the game following an elleged spitting incident involving the FGR goalkeeper. I would encourage you to investigate this, again if true a terrible example for any children watching.

I hope that some learning can be taken from last night as I would hate to think other fans would have to go through the same.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Kind regards

Good luck with that, it's clear FGR don't give a sh1t about what away fans have to endure, as long as the home team get any minsicule benefit. I mean those extra 60 vociferous home fans in the old away stand, all nice, warm and dry must be pandered for, rather than let them cram into the other over populated parts on the remaining two bits of the ground! It's about trying to get an atmosphere to support their team and so diminish that affect for opposition fans.

Well I hope for the return game at SB we can somehow return the favour, let them stand for the 90 (more like 115) minutes and if it's nice weather, have the sprinklers on them the whole time.

It's no wonder a lot of clubs didn't like FGR before, it's not going to help by treating the paying customer this way either now.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
13 September 2017 10:23 Post ID: #736697 - in reply to #736657
46 Harry Pringle
They'll be back in non-league next season where this kind of provision for away fans is the norm rather than the exception.
Tinpot bunch!
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 10:32 Post ID: #736700 - in reply to #736681
Reserve Team
poacherimp - 13/9/2017 09:12

If indeed it was a board decision to leave our weather battered fans out in those awful conditions, then when they visit us maybe we shouldn't pander to them like last season.
Maybe we shouldn't relax the dress code so DV can turn up in a t shirt and put some good Lincolnshire meats on the menu, instead of the courteous veggie offering.
Oh and we'll have 3 points while we're at it.

I think we are bigger and better than that don't you? Both clubs are on different trajectories now and our respective managers definitely are!
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 10:39 Post ID: #736703 - in reply to #736657
Reserve Team
Agree, to be clear, had I have been on my own it wouldn't have bothered me and would have probably enjoyed it much more! The trouble is I now have a lincoln city mad 7year old who is desperate to go as often as he can. Is it really appropriate to expect young children who can barely see over the railings, or older folk who don't want to stand for 3 hours (not being ageist here!) to have to stand. If we are trying to grow the game and encourage all to attend then surely this should be looked at. I guess we are fortunate to have the surroundings we have at SB. Last season they gave us about 50 seats, a token gesture but at least something. Feels like they have take a step backwards, not just on the pitch.
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 10:44 Post ID: #736706 - in reply to #736657
88 Freddy Simpson
I'm sure I can remember examples of games in the past where the home club have allowed some City fans to move under cover in similar atrocious conditions. Don't ask me where or when.

That was a cynical move by them to re-designate the stand behind the goal for the reasons already stated.

At least at places like Macc you knew that the away end 'was what it was' and not done just to spite the away fans.

The 'village' with no class who let's face it would not be in this league if they hadn't met a bloke called Vince who'd gotten lucky.
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 10:46 Post ID: #736707 - in reply to #736657
94 Jimmy Grummett snr
I agree with other posters that we should show them what a professional club caters for "off the pitch." We should cater for all their foibles in terms of our hosting however........

.........Get the John Beck guide book out for how to make their players and manager as uncomfortable as possible. A cold day, then turn the heating off in their dressing room. Cold tea. Make sure any windows won't close etc.

But make sure their 50 fans go home saying they wish their club looked after them as well as Lincoln did, despite the drubbing they got on the pitch.
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 12:06 Post ID: #736736 - in reply to #736657
99 Billy Bean
The worst game weather wise I can remember going to was back in the eighties, the equivalent of the checkatrade trophy final against Millwall at SB. The rain was absolutely torrential and in today's namby pamby age, would have been called off, but even back then with all the off field problems and having over a thousand Millwall in the ground, I seem to recall Millwall on the open terrace were allowed into the south park stand and our west bankers retreated into the railway end. Common sense and common decency, something 30+ years on seems to have evaded FGR.
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 12:26 Post ID: #736744 - in reply to #736657
94 Jimmy Grummett snr
Emley at The stupidly designed McCalpine. Stadium on top of a hill, lost of design awards for looking pretty. Temperatures close to freezing and snowing with the gale force winds balsting everybody with a windchill of -30 because of those stupid non existent corners with no side protection at all.

Everybody went home freezing made worse by the defeat. Worst designed stadium in the league.
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 12:45 Post ID: #736749 - in reply to #736681
90 Doug Graham
poacherimp - 13/9/2017 09:12

If indeed it was a board decision to leave our weather battered fans out in those awful conditions, then when they visit us maybe we shouldn't pander to them like last season.
Maybe we shouldn't relax the dress code so DV can turn up in a t shirt and put some good Lincolnshire meats on the menu, instead of the courteous veggie offering.
Oh and we'll have 3 points while we're at it.

Grow up
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 12:47 Post ID: #736751 - in reply to #736694
Reserve Team
hulloutpost - 13/9/2017 10:19

I expect the management of FGR to make the facilities and atmosphere for our team as hostile as possible (small gains and all that) as I would expect DC to them.

I get that they want to reduce the advantage of boisterous away fans v quiet village gathering. I understand that the ground is passed fit for standing spectators on that side and indeed for the non vulnerable is acceptable in all conditions (we've all done it and it's a part of being a fan); whether allowing the non vulnerable into an available covered area as a simple courtesy is down to them either way.

However as somebody who used to work in a service industry I find it revolting, cynical and completely unacceptable on a customer service level and worst of all welfare perspective that vulnerable elderly people were not allowed into a covered area of the ground.

FGR are a completely crass and classless Mickey Mouse outfit from Vince down to the players and management; many of their fans seem ok with a few idiots like every club including ours. I take the view that when Mickey Mouse FC rock up for the return fixture that we show our class and fully ensure that their supporters are made to feel very welcome and are well catered for. Furthermore we should allow Vince his foibles and show him how a league board room conducts itself with grace.

As for Cooper (if he's still got a job) and his obnoxious players they can take their chances with DC, the team and our fans - the complete tossers.

Well said sir. And absolutely anyone connected to the British Farming Industry need to take issue with their vegan ideals. Posters spouting nonsense to justify themeselves near the food shacks. Soya milk for f s. They haven't a clue about customer choice, customer service or even UK Farming.

Edited by Woodis 13/9/2017 12:48
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 13:02 Post ID: #736755 - in reply to #736657
On Loan
Got a solution. Lets give them the Uni stand in the corner for the return fixture and turn the sprinklers on them for the whole game!
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 13:40 Post ID: #736764 - in reply to #736755
89 Gary Taylor-Fletcher
WithamImp76 - 13/9/2017 13:02

Got a solution. Lets give them the Uni stand in the corner for the return fixture and turn the sprinklers on them for the whole game! :yehaa:

I was thinking we could remove the roof, but it's got the commentary box on it.
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 13:55 Post ID: #736767 - in reply to #736657
100 Colin Alcide
Emley in the cup was at Huddersfields ground!
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 13:56 Post ID: #736769 - in reply to #736657
100 Colin Alcide
Ah read and your not saying it was Sorry Greenneedle!
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 13:59 Post ID: #736770 - in reply to #736657
100 Colin Alcide
Its not a commentary box its the security box!
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 14:13 Post ID: #736771 - in reply to #736657
80 Tom Maidment
I'm not vegan. I eat meat. However this apparent "no choice" that FGR offer is tiresome.

It's a well known fact they serve only vegan food. Anybody moaning about a lack of choice had the chance to buy meat pies, sausage rolls, bacon sandwiches before they got there. It's called forethought. They don't force you to eat it.

As for one football club advocating one type of lifestyle choice damaging the British Farming Industry I find quite amusing. There are other bigger issues for it to face than FGR.
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2017 14:21 Post ID: #736775 - in reply to #736771
58 John Fleming
Big Jack McGinley - 13/9/2017 14:13

I'm not vegan. I eat meat. However this apparent "no choice" that FGR offer is tiresome.

It's a well known fact they serve only vegan food. Anybody moaning about a lack of choice had the chance to buy meat pies, sausage rolls, bacon sandwiches before they got there. It's called forethought. They don't force you to eat it.

As for one football club advocating one type of lifestyle choice damaging the British Farming Industry I find quite amusing. There are other bigger issues for it to face than FGR.

You mean that most farmers voted for Brexit and now realise they're f-ucked?
Like post
Like this post
Pages (4): 1
3 4
Jump to forum: