The Big Lincoln City Christmas Quiz
2. What missing name creates two Lincoln legends from the same era? Peter |--------- |Taylor
3. Why was the home game against Chester the odd one out during City's Third Division North championship season of 1951-52?
4. Which City manager became a successful scout for Bobby Robson at Ipswich?
5. What was notable about the first 33 goals scored by City in 1972-73?
6. Who is the only City defender to have scored 15 in a season twice?
7. Which club record is held by Richard Ranshaw?
8. Besides being at the club at the same time, what connects John Kennedy, Rod Fletcher and Mark Wallington?
9. Which member of City's 1987-88 Conference-winning team emigrated to New Zealand?
10. Why did 7,328 turn up for the reserve game against Peterborough on 15 November 1952?
11. Who is the only City player to be capped by England at U23 level?
12. Why was the great Jock Dodds forced to leave Lincoln in July 1950?
13. Which ex-England international scored two goals on Christmas Eve, broke his leg scoring the second, and never played again?
14. Which City manager scored two goals in an FA Cup Final?
15. Why was Allan Hall's record 42-goal tally in 1931-32 later adjusted to 41?
16. Who scored 8 goals in the first 12 days of the 1980-81 season?
17. Andy Graver was usually deadly in the 18-yard box, but what did he miss in February 1952?
18. During the FA Trophy Third Round tie against Maidstone United on 13 February 1988, City striker John McGinley was sent off for headbutting which player?
19. Which City manager played in an infamous FA Cup giant-killing while suffering from pleurisy?
20. Who is next in this sequence: Ben Tomlinson, Sean Newton, Liam Hearn......?
21. What connects David Felgate, John Thomas, Ross Jack and Marc North?
22. In which calendar year did Lincoln score a record 117 league goals?
23. What was the significance of City's 7-1 win over Leicester on 3 September 1955?
24. Where would you have found Staley, Applewhite, Wright, Fasham and Giles at the start of the Second World War?
25. Which club conceded 21 goals in 3 successive visits to Sincil Bank in the 1930s?
As the lovely Nigella might say, 'that shallot'....
Post your Answers RIGHT HERE.
Not going to the game on Saturday? Join us on Vital Lincoln City for Team News, Match Updates & LIVE Vanarama National League Scores RIGHT HERE.